Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Breaking the news

I have to admit that I don't really know exactly the reaction that I was expecting from people when we told them about our plans. I maybe thought I would have to give more defense. Or maybe feel like I needed to be a little apologetic. Or maybe people wouldn't understand. Or share our excitement. Or maybe think we were crazy? I'm not exactly sure...

I only know that whatever I was expecting is not what we have gotten. Almost every person that we have told has reacted with excitement, positive encouragement and joy. We've had people shed tears full of emotion with us. Our friends and family have been a source of ideas and refreshing encouragement. They have blessed the choices we are making. They have told us they can picture us doing this and that it's a good match for us.

It really has been uplifting to me to experience the "building-up" that others can provide. Sometimes in the 'busy-ness' of life there's no time to build up doubt or fear or insecurities, but when things are calm sometimes Satan's voice begins to speak about things we 'shouldn't' do, or things we 'can't' do...I believe the words of hope and of confidence and power that God has for me so that I can hide myself away from the evil one. In addition, I am so thankful for the body that He has provided us through the church and all of the ways that we can encourage, help, support and build each other up.

I have faith that God is leading us in this journey, and I know that He is the one I am to listen to and follow. I am thankful for his Word which gives me hope and confidence that He is who He says He is, and that He will do what He has said He will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment