Sunday, August 15, 2010

Uncomfortable

"But God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through."

I have never read one of Francis Chan's books, but it seems like everyone else in the world has. I recently read this quote on a friend's blog, and it struck me. It has been rolling around in my head causing me to think. A lot.

I so agree with this statement, but I am also so afraid of the implications of agreeing with this statement. How, as a human being, do you get to the point that you can physically and mentally be 'unafraid' of being in uncomfortable situations? Situations where we have relinquished all control.

But in 'real' life, though, what do we really have control over? Is control just an illusion before us? Maybe the 'unafraid-ness' comes from just realizing or admitting that we never really had control over anything in the first place. When we come to that conclusion can we find a peace in letting go of all the stress and worry that goes along with trying to control it all.

I am resolved now to make a concerted effort to move forward in faith. Uncomfortable. Unafraid. Trusting Him Completely.

And I know He will come through.

For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory. Deuteronomy 20:4

And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him... Psalm 37:7a

No comments:

Post a Comment